Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A lot has happened since my computer crashed two and a half weeks ago.  I am plannin on being on the ball from here on out.  I have been riding Diamond in the arena and working on consistentency at each gate.  She has learned to stand well when tied and she loads well.  Two days ago, I put protective boots on her and rode her in the arena and asked for a consistent speed.  It took a little while, but by the end of the session, we had it mastered and then I asked her to stop and boy did she hit the skids.  Makes me think we will have a nice stop come July.  I let her sit for about five minutes and then I stepped off of her and rubbed her down for a while.  When I unsaddled her, I curried her all over and then proceeded to comb out her mane and tail, and also trimmed a bridle path.  Also I have started using a western saddle with a back cinch and a breast collar.  Another monumental milestone is she has hooked onto grain and comes to eat it as soon as the grain is dumped into the feeder, so she is more comfortable with human contact.( Thanks to my clients from Washington that were down for a few days recently!  Judi, Penny, and Debbie)

No comments: