Sunday, May 27, 2012

I guess you could say that the last time I rode Diamond, she was a real drag.... I was able to drag tires around the round pen with her.  I dallied the rope that was connected to the to tires around the pen until she got used to it.  By the end we had the tires about ten feet behind her and were able to pull it from both sides.  Also I swung a rope off of her and threw the loop on the ground in front of her and she didn't even flinch, so she is getting used to all the things we are throwing her direction. 
     Also I took her into the arena and began to work on her circles at the lope with some collection.  She did the clockwise circles great and she really relaxed as she was going around.  When we went to the counterclockwise circles, she needs a bit more work as she wanted to look to the outside of the circle, but by the end of the session, we had made some pretty nice circles.  At the very end, I sat down and asked her to stop and she gave me a nice stop.  At this point we just sat and let her soak it all in for a while before I did a suppling exercise and worked on her crossing over in the front end to work on her haunch turn and spin.  She keeps doing good and we have close to a month before the competion.

No comments: