Sunday, May 6, 2012

Diamond has been loaded and unloaded from a trailer several times, and I have turned her around until I decided to take her to a horse show to encounter a lot of action and new sights and smells.  The only thing is that I had to load her into a trailer that where she had to step up a quite a bit higher, and also she had to back out because the trailer had a rear tack.  This being said, I loaded her at home and backed her out and she did this without a hitch the night before.  On saturday morning about 5:30 I caught her from the pen, loaded her into my trailer, and drove a half hour to Caldwell.  Once I arrived, I had to unload her from my trailer and then load her into another trailer with a stallion that I show.  She went in like she had been doing it for years. 

     Once at the show I left her in the trailer for a while and she stood quietly.  Later, when I had some time between classes, I pulled her out and rode her in an outdoor arena with three other riders.  I had one of my good friends give me a few pointers before we saddled her and it will help some of the progess as we go.  Diamond took in all the new smells, sounds and objects in stride.  Later after the show, I resaddled her and went into the indoor arena that is owned by Al Birt where I was able to ride and give her a new experience with music turned up to simulate some of the experiences that we may encounter.  She is thinking people are a good thing now.  She was travelling around in the arena, and she saw Al standing on the outside of the fence and went over on her own to get a rub and a breather by Al.  We are well on our way now.

1 comment:

Donna B said...

Sorry I missed seeing her in action.