Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The last while, I have been riding diamond out in the desert and she is taking it very well.  She is getting to the point where she doesn't break gait and is beginning to give at the poll and break at the withers as well.  I also have loped some circles until I made a few pretty ones so it is starting to come together.  Our stop is going well as we just have to sit on my pockets and say Whoa for her to come to a descent stop.  I have taught her to  move off my leg and she is able to do a forehand turn both directions.  That is helping her pick up her leads. 
     At this point, she is leary about things that are far and away, but they are not as scary as they used to be.  She is going great and have been working on her to neck rein through the sagebrush.  I have ridden with other riders to let her get used to someone close to her.  Special thanks to all that ride with me and help me progress my Diamond as I continue to polish and shine until competion at the end of June. 
     I also tracked calves on her in the last day and she started to hook on and do really well.  Soon, I plan to start roping off of her as she is not concerned with the stock whip. 

No comments: