Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tonight I rode Diamond in the arena and asked for some collection at the trot and we managed to trot a consistent small circle with her following her nose.  Also, I asked her to back and she is going to be plenty light when she backs.  Before we went to loping, I asked her to do a haunch turn and cross her front end over.  She is picking that up nicely and does it fairly flawless and she has plenty of foot speed.  I was able to lope some circles and kept loping until we had a few pretty circles. To finish the session, I asked her to transition down and do some more slow circles and eventually walk over a bridge.  It took a bit of time before she stepped on, but once she did, it was water under the bridge(no pun intended) and she walked over it effertless several times.  At the very end of the session, I had her step on the bridge and stand.  At this point, I stepped off and rubbed her down and took her boots off while she just stood there.  I led her over to the tack shed, and unsaddled her and then jumped on her bareback and rode her back to her pen.  It was a very positive session.

No comments: