Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 3

Today Ali learned how to yeild her fore quarters. I was also able to crawl on her and desensitize her from on her back. She did well. I also had the girth strap and buoys on her again to get her use to things flopping around her sides. A funny thing happened with her today. Ali was in the arena with the neighbor's horse who is hard to catch. While I was trying to catch the other horse, he started running around the arena. This whole commotion frightened Ali while the other horse galloped around to avoid being caught. She did not know where to go at this point so she ran up to me for protection. She was in my back pocket and almost in the way while I was trying to catch the other horse. It kind of suprised me because when horses go to running around, other horses usually join in.

No comments: