Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Arena riding and nice stops

Today before the snow storms hit I rode Dynamites Destiny in the arena and made some great headway. She would shy from some things on the fence so I brought her in tight circles until the objects just were not a bother to her. Also I brought her up to a lope and she really calmed down and leveled off.
I have started her sidepassing and she is grasping the concept so we should have a good polish on it in March. Also, I asked her to stop with her hind quarter under her today and she really stopped well. For the first time really getting under herself, it was a neat feel.
I am going to try to have my junior high basketball team come out to the arena and make as much noise as they can until she thinks they are no longer frightening. Junior high boys should do the trick. After coaching them in the mornings they desensitize me a fair bit so Dynamites destiny will have a really eye opening experience.
Another great day and hopefully the sun comes out and warms up the rest of the week so we can enjoy some spring weather.

1 comment:

Jaci Weishaar said...

Matt you have got to get somebody to video the Junior High boys coming out and making lots of noise.

That video will be too funny!