Friday, January 16, 2009

First Ride

A little bit of flexing....


A little bit of riding.

Last Sunday (Jan. 10th) I finally got to ride my mustang. Between the weather conditions and other set backs it took a month to finally put the first ride on. She had absolutely no buck to her. Note my authentic winter garb and classy irrigation boots I'm wearing. Did you notice my round pen looks like a mud-wrestling pit? But we trudged through it anyway.
I've been on her four times since. The third and fourth time were in the arena. Our biggest hurdle will be the obstacles outside the arena. For example, people, objects, and stuctures.
Maybe this week I'll take her out into the desert.

She also got a trailer loading lesson. She's grasped the concept. During the lesson, Kelsey came around the corner while I had the mustang in the trailer. She was not very close to the trailer, but as the mustang was unloading she saw Kelsey, who wasn't there before she got into the trailer and spooked and took off. I planted my feet in the mud and simulated my water skiing skills half way across the arena. The humor was definately was in Kelsey's favor. I wasn't up to laughing because I was all covered in mud. The mustang patiently waited for me to come to her at the other side of the arena.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
We are going to come watch you compete!!! I'm so excited to see you guys.

Anita

Anonymous said...

Matt, sounds like your doing a good job like always.

Keep it up!

Shane and Sherri