Wednesday, February 17, 2010

new distractions

Today I trailered Serendipity a mile down the road to a sandy round pen where I rode with two other riders in the pen for a distraction.  It was great for her to see other horses with riders close by.  She is starting to give to the bit and get her head and neck into the correct position.  I asked her to back today and she if really starting to pick things up.  When I went to put her away, I decided to ride her in the round pen for a little while so that she could stay at the walk and remain calm.  As time progressed, I desensitized her from the saddle with a scarf and also she took to the stock whip pretty well.  At the end of the day, I lead her to the tack shed, where there was a stereo playing and the dogs running behind her.  This didn't seem to bother her a bit.  She is going to be a trusting horse.

No comments: